| This article is currently under construction, as we are |
improving all other articles, and the wiki, along with it.
This article is incomplete.
Ōkamiden (mentioned only)
|Location||Sei'an City (Commoner's Quarter)|
| || || |
|Click here to show/collapse spoilers→|
The Tao Troopers was formed by Waka as a special unit which serves as Queen Himiko's special troopers. The headquarter of the unit is a floating building above Sei'an City, formed by the sole leader of the Tao Troopers in the past centuries. Not much is known about their actual purpose to Himiko or their role in Sei'an beside the fact that they are specialized units, though it is unknown about what they are specialized in.
In Ōkami, the Tao Trooper does not serve an important role in the storyline, except for Waka who takes orders from Queen Himiko[Citation needed]. Abe, one of the Tao Troopers, had his Tao Mask stolen by Hayazo. By retaking it and giving it back to the despaired Tao Tropper, Amaterasu and Issun can obtain some details about the Tao Troopers, as well as Waka's age.
ŌkamidenIn Ōkamiden, the Tao Troopers' influence on the storyline is none at best. Their floating headquarter cannot be seen due to the mechanics of the camera's control, nor could it be reached, because Waterspout's extension of geysers is not present in the game. One of the guards (specifically the one in front of the Imperial Palace) said something about the Tao Troopers as a bunch of oddballs. He also mentioned Waka's absence for almost a year, leaving the troopers.
| || || |
- "Strange guys, huh? If they haven't been seen lately... I wonder if that means they are hiding out somewhere?
- Waka was the person who employed Moon Tribe technology in Nippon, most notably computers with holographic screens in the Tao Troopers' headquarter, and only he can operate these devices.
- In Ōkamiden, it is possible that the Tao Trooper's headquarter had moved away from Sei'an City, because even though the power spring extension of Waterspout is not present in the game, Chibiterasu could have reached the building via Vine. The developers of the game may have also chosen to ignore the headquarter entirely.
- The Tao Troopers Abe and Kamo are based on the famous onmyōdō practitioners Abe no Seimei and Kamo no Yasunori.
- The symbol seen on Abe and Kamo headgears is a pentagram (「五芒星」?; gobō-sei), that represents the Japanese five fundamental elements (「五大」?; godai): Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Void. The pentagram is also closely associated to Onmyōdō.
- ↑ "OK, the Tao Troopers have been around for over 200 years, but there's no mention of any captain before Capt. Waka!"—Abe (Ōkami)
- ↑ "What ever happened to that strange Waka guy? His accent was weird. I haven't seen him in almost... almost a year I guess. He lead a bunch of oddballs known as the Tao Troopers. I'm not sure, but I think they used to guard that Moon Cave."—Guardsman (Ōkamiden)
- ↑ "There's also the matter of that magical projection device... Only he knows how to use it."—Abe (Ōkami)