| This article is currently under construction, as we are |
improving all other articles, and the wiki, along with it.
This article is incomplete.
|River of the Heavens|
|Notable inhabitants||Yomigami (Ōkami)|
Stray bead ×1
The River of the Heavens is a mysterious, ethereal location accessed from a gateway at the base of Konohana, the great tree in Kamiki Village. It is the first location, and acts as a sort of tutorial area.
| || || |
|Click here to show/collapse spoilers→|
|Issun at the game's outset; (after the curse of Orochi has just befallen the land of Nippon) endeavouring to restore Kamiki Village. However, the "River of the Heavens" (a river of pure stardust) has dried up, leaving no way forward. Amaterasu encounters the first Celestial Brush god, Yomigami, hidden in the stars, and harnesses the power of the first Celestial Brush technique, Rejuvenation, to restore the river. Amaterasu then advances into the Cave of Nagi. Chibiterasu teamed up with Kuni, he told the young god about the area that only he can access. That area turns out to be the River of the Heavens, which entrance has been moved to the sacred deck. At the area, Kuni notices demons infesting the place, and after discovering for a while, Chibiterasu found the statue and constellation of Michigami and obtained Guidance.|
| || || |
- Yomigami: him and his constellation is atop a hill.
- Michigami: their statue and constellation is on one among the islands.
Celestial Brush techniques
- Rejuvenation: At the top of a hill, complete the constellation. This cannot be skipped.
- Astral Pouch: After restoring the River of the Heavens. In plain sight. This chest cannot be skipped.
- #1: On a plot of land north of the river before the bridge, hiding behind a rock and a tree. In plain sight.
- The River of the Heavens may be based on Takamagahara, the dwelling place of the Kami. It could also be based on Ama-no uki-hashi (the Floating Bridge of Heaven), a bridge that connects Takamagahara to the Earth.
- The name of the river in the original Japanese version of Ōkami, "天の川" (Amanogawa, river of heaven), is also the name of the Milky Way galaxy. This name, alongside "銀河" ([pinyin required], silver river) in Chinese, are the two names for the galaxy used throughout East Asia (China, Japan, Vietnam and Korea).
- Sunrise and Crescent are usable here, as the sky is a constant clear night sky with visible constellations and a full moon.
- Due to the night sky, Yomigami's constellation is always visible in the sky.