| This article is currently under construction, as we are |
improving all other articles, and the wiki, along with it.
Lightning Ghost Raiden
|Race||Yūrei (formerly human)|
|Location||Sei'an City (Commoner's Quarter)|
|“||Well, wolf, I guess you can see me. I'm the Lightning Ghost, Raiden.||”|
As a ghost, Raiden's skin is a pale blue. He has a yellow thunderbolt on his head along with other electrical discharges coming from his body. He wears a black robe having thunderbolt designs with a black and white belt, tied into an ornamental knot. As a ghost, Raiden does not have feet like a living person, but instead his lower body trails off as a ghostly appendage. His head is balding on the top and has a hitaikakushi on his forehead.
| || || |
|Click here to show/collapse spoilers→|
When first encountered it appears that he might be part of a side quest to make him feel at peace being a ghost, however it turns out that he enjoys being one even though it is lonely. Using Thunderbolt on him makes him feel temporarily happier. Talking to him will not reveal any information about events that are happening. His only real function is to be a source of electricity in a racing minigame with Hayazo after Amaterasu returns from Oni Island.Spirit Floors to Chibiterasu. He is used by Chibiterasu to save a man who passed out on the street. Raiden then says he is happy to save a life, and fades away, presumingly going to heaven.
| || || |
- "Why do you look so surprised? I thought it was normal for a ghost in Nippon to not have any legs."
- "Love and fear my ghostly powers!"
- "I'm the most electrifying ghost you'll ever meet. And I'm at your service"
- "Raiden" can be written with the kanji "雷電", which mean "lightning" and "electricity" respectively. "Raiden-sama" is also an alternate name for Raijin, the kami of thunder and lightning, whose usual representation resembles the large sword-holding statue on Oni Island (the halo that surrounds him is comprised of the drums that are used to create thunder).
- Raiden is the second and last human ghost Amaterasu meets. The first being Yatsu who she met outside Gale Shrine. The ghosts of Celestials can be found on the Ark of Yamato, however they are not human.
- In Ōkamiden, Chibiterasu can only see Raiden when his partner is either Kagu or Kurow.
- Raiden is a yūrei, a type of ghost in Japanese folklore.
- ↑ "It's great being a ghost. I never hunger, I never tire, and I'm invincible... 'course, no one can see, and therefore it gets lonely sometimes, but it's still great."—Raiden (Ōkami)
- ↑ "You know, wolf, I was struck by lightning... that's how I died."—Raiden (Ōkami)
- ↑ Denshi Jisho's translation of "雷" (おえ)
- ↑ Denshi Jisho's translation of "電" (でん)