| This article is currently under construction, as we are |
improving all other articles, and the wiki, along with it.
This article is incomplete.
A Golden Gate (or Golden Torii) provides a checkpoint where Amaterasu can return to if killed. These gates resemble small golden torii and are found at key points in the game, often before important or difficult sections such as boss fights. By simply passing through a Golden Gate, Amaterasu automatically creates a temporary save file and will always return there while still playing in that area. However, this save is erased if the game is turned off, so that a later restart will have to resume from an Origin Mirror save file.
- Tsuta Ruins: Before fighting the Spider Queen.
- Gale Shrine: Before fighting Crimson Helm.
- Moon Cave:
- Inside the Calcified Cavern near Amaterasu's initial arrival point, in the opposite direction from the rest of the Moon Cave.
- On the top level before fighting Orochi.
- Sunken Ship:
- Before the room with the open roof (where you can change the water level).
- On the high wall near the cannon.
- Imperial Palace (Issun-sized dungeon):
- Oni Island:
- Kamiki Village (100 years ago):
- Just down the hill from the Spirit Gate.
- Moon Cave (100 years ago):
- Before fighting True Orochi.
- Wawku Shrine:
- A Torii is a gate usually found at the entrance of or within Shinto shrines which symbolically separates the sacred from the profane.