| This article is currently under construction, as we are |
improving all other articles, and the wiki, along with it.
|Power(s)||Creates a shield to prevent damage from attacks.|
|Upgrade(s)||Satomi Power Orbs (temporary)|
Acquiring and using godhood
Performing elaborate and deadly combos in combat will produce Godhood; this may be fastest with the Rosary, as it is the fastest-striking weapon which Amaterasu can wield. The Traveler's Charm increases Amaterasu's Godhood by a single level; the Godly Charm increases her Godhood to the maximum level normally attainable, indicated by a green circle in the corner of the screen during battle.
The item Traveler's Charm, when used, increases Amaterasu's Godhood up by one Level, and can be stacked until she is at Level 3. The item Godly Charm instantly increases Amaterasu's Godhood up to the maximum of Level 3.
Godhood has 5 levels:
- Level -1: Amaterasu's Godhood can completely degrade if she flees from battle, or carelessly injures herself in cursed zones or hazardous landscapes. This leaves her extremely vulnerable to attacks and is signaled by a skull/crossbones symbol.
- Level 0: No symbol is shown by default or if Amaterasu's godhood is exhausted. She takes normal damage from attacks. Yellow petals fly out whenever Amaterasu attacks an enemy.
- Level 1: The lowest protective level of Godhood is indicated by a red circle; depending on the version of the game, the circle contains either the kanji 大神 (Ōkami, great god) or a silhouette of Amaterasu. This can absorb one hit of any amount of damage, knocking her back down to Level 0. Green leaves fly out with every attack.
- Level 2: A similar circle colored yellow denotes 2 shields of godhood; taking a hit will reduce this to the "red" level. Purple petals will fly out when Amaterasu attacks an enemy.
- Level 3: A similar circle colored green, denoting 3 shields; taking a hit will reduce this to the "yellow" level. The highest level of godhood, attainable by superior combo usage, or sometimes automatically given at the start of a fight with a major antagonist. Pink cherry blossom petals will fly out whenever Amaterasu successfully attacks a foe.
The Satomi power orbs
The Satomi Power Orbs, obtained from Princess Fuse and the Canine Warriors in Kusa Village, also act as a form of Godhood. They are only acquired and used for the fight with Crimson Helm inside the Gale Shrine. Amaterasu gains all eight Power Orbs in addition to maximum Godhood; each Orb acts as an extra shield and can absorb one hit, granting her eleven layers of invincibility for this fight.
The Satomi Power Orbs do not reappear for the Crimson Helm rematch on the Ark of Yamato. By that point in the game, Amaterasu already knows his attack pattern and should not need the extra protection levels, having acquired more powerful weapons/abilities and helpful items to fight against him.