| This article is currently under construction, as we are |
improving all other articles, and the wiki, along with it.
This article is incomplete.
|Race||Celestial Brush god|
|Location||Oni Island (Ōkami)|
Thundercloud (Ōkamiden; child)
|“||Ah... Amaterasu. Origin of all that is good and mother to us all... The evil forces which dwell here had sealed me away... But your arrival awakened me and restored the light within. You who walk the same battlefield as I, Gekigami, god of thunder, deserve the power of lightning. Use it to crush our foes!||”|
- Main article: Thunderstorm
By drawing a line from an electrical source to an object, Amaterasu can electrocute that object. At first she requires a source to use Thunderstorm. The brush emits yellow Holy smoke when placed over an electrical source. Later on, a source is no longer needed once she acquires the Thunder Edge Glaive to generate electricity whenever she wants, or Thunderbolt, a more powerful secret Celestial Brush technique upgrade, but is rather hard to pull off. When it is used, the kanji「迅」(jin, swift) appears.
In Ōkamiden, Gekigami has a child. The child is a young tiger cub holding an arrow without a point in its mouth.
- "Geki" means "attack" or "assault". It likely comes from the phrase "raigeki" (「雷撃」?; to be struck by lightning), and the fierce nature of Gekigami's own element, lightning.
- Gekigami is one of the Celestial Brush Gods to attempt to attack Amaterasu, the others being Itegami and Yumigami.
- Gekigami's stripes are shaped like lightning bolts,
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Denshi Jisho's translation of「撃神」
- ↑ "God of Onslaught:
Oh our Merciful Mother, Okami [sic] Amaterasu...
I was trapped here, in this castle, where our hated enemy struts around unchallenged. Now that I have been freed by your divine powers, the light of life has returned to my eyes. Should you so desire it, this God of Onslaught would see you through your journey of trials, casting bolts of lighting upon your path to light your way."—Gekigami (Image Scroll of Those From the Road, page 58, Ōkami Official Complete Works)