| This article is currently under construction right now, as we are |
improving all other articles, and the wiki, along with it.
Fire Crystals (Providence Crystal)
|Attack method||Leaping bite|
|Background music||An End to Yami|
|“||I'm really a carp! And soon I will become a dragon!||”|
| || || |
|Click here to show/collapse spoilers→|
Nine months prior to Ōkamiden, aboard the Goryeo, Bullhead stole the Dry Jewel and the Wet Jewel from Nanami. He believes in a legend that says that he will become a dragon if he swims up a waterfall. So he stole these jewels in order to create a waterfall and fulfill the legend.
When Chibiterasu first arrives in Agata Forest, Kokari feels he is to blame for the floods and sacrifices Nanami for Bullhead to make him cease the flood, but Bullhead instead pass Nanami to the Witch Queen. After Kuni and Chibiterasu save Nanami, Kuni is kidnapped by Bullhead, and Nanami and Chibiterasu chase after the catfish to save him. Nanami and Chibiterasu soon reach the depths of Bullhead's flooded lair, and confirms that he has devoured Kuni and wants them to try and cut out his stomach to find out if it's true. Enraged, Bullhead then engages the two in battle, to which he loses and gets knocked unconscious.
Kuni manages to open the jaws of the unconscious Bullhead and escape the gut of the fish, but the large catfish wakes up and attempts to kill them all. When Nanami drains the water with her Dry Jewel, Kuni and Chibiterasu then work together to finish the vulnerable Bullhead once and for all. Bullhead, however, survives the ordeal, and was intent on sentencing his foes to their doom. In his final act, Bullhead activates a switch that causes the flood waters in his lair and in the Agata Forest to violently drain away before he dies, draining out Chibiterasu, Kuni, and Nanami in the process. Despite his death, Bullhead succeeds in separating Kuni from Chibiterasu, with the boy sacrificing himself to save his companion from sharing his supposed fate as he is forcefully shoved away by a large log in the rushing flood waters.The lifeless form of Bullhead unleashes a dark mist into the air, which was then contained by Akuro. Unfortunately, he revived Bullhead, alongside other major bosses, but was defeated again by Chibiterasu.
| || || |
"Believing himself to be a carp, his goal is to swim up a waterfall and become a dragon,
at least according to a legend he believes.
He uses his bullwhip-like and razor-sharp teeth to dispatch those who
stand in his way. The bones of his victims can be seen caught on the barbs of his crooked tongue."
Bullhead can attack Chibiterasu and Nanami by trying to flatten them with a belly flop. He can use his whiskers for whips and he can also shoot electricity from them. He uses his sharp teeth to try and bite Chibiterasu and Nanami. He will swim around the arena and Nanami must chase after him. When she has caught up, Vine can be used to drag Chibiterasu to an island near her. He can be Power Slashed to stop him from attacking Nanami. Although his electric attacks cannot be deflected the same way, using Power Slash on his whiskers before he fires the attack will not only stuns him, but also allows Chibiterasu to use Vine on his tongue to pull him out of the water.
He can only be really damaged when he is out of the water. Chibiterasu can attack him with his Divine Instruments or Nanami can attack him, however this will only serve to weaken him. When he is weak enough he can then be hoisted out of the water using Vine to latch him, by his tongue, onto a Konohana Blossom.
If Chibiterasu is using the Providence Crystal, then he can only use Fire to damage Bullhead, since Bullhead swims in water, thus somewhat affiliated to Ice; he also fires electricity, thus Lightning doesn't deal any damage to him.
- "Nu-ha-ha-ha! You're here!"
- "I must commend you for having been able to follow me this far!"
- "I am no catfish! I'm a carp!"
- "Why are you looking at me like I'm a cat fish or something?"
- "No! This is just the disguise I wear to hide in this world!"
- "I'm really a carp! And soon I will become a dragon!"
- "Nu-ha-ha-ha! That I cannot do."
- "Because that little twerp is inside my belly."
- "Why don't you slice my belly open and have a peek inside?"
- "Of course that would be impossible for you though."
- "You know why? Because i have the Wet Jewel and Dry Jewel!"
- "And with these in my possession, I'm, unstoppable!"
- "What's mine is mine! In everything, we must all give up something... and it's time for you to give up your life!"
- Bullhead is most likely named after a type of fish of the same name.
- He resembles the Whopper from Ōkami in that they are both giant catfish. They also both lived in Agata Forest before their defeat.
- He considers himself to be a carp, but any who see him consider him to be a catfish (much to his irritation).
- In some Asian countries (China, Japan, Vietnam, etc.), there is a legend that says if a carp swims up a waterfall, it will become a dragon.