| This article is currently under construction right now, as we are |
improving all other articles, and the wiki, along with it.
|Blade of Kusanagi|
Amaterasu equipped with the Blade of Kusanagi
|Attacks||Charged slashes (both main and sub)|
Slashing strikes (main; all hits can be charged)
Drill lunge (sub)
|Source||Ninetails (first defeat)|
|“||Jade-edged Glaive obtained upon the defeat of Ninetails.||”|
- The Blade of Kusanagi is one of the three Imperial Regalia of Japan. In real legend, it is the sword used by Susanoo Omikoto to slay Yamata no Orochi.
- Tsumugari is found the same way the Blade of Kusanagi was obtained by Susanoo. This reflects the relationship between the two swords, as Tsumugari is another name for the Blade of Kusanagi.
- Another name for Kusanagi is Ama no Murakumo, which appear later in the game as the Thunder Edge glaive in English version.
- Kusanagi means Grass Mower in Japanese. However in ancient Japanese it translates into Snake-Sword.
- The Grass-Mower name meaning is reflected in the game when Amaterasu charges up the glaive and hit the enemy. What appears to be small, shining blades of grass appear when it was done (if observed closely).